Also included in
- This bundle of resources includes 9 different products from my store specifically designed to target and practice vocalic R, prevocalic R, and R blends. This bundle includes:-Vocalic R Elicitation Webs: designed to help facilitate production of vocalic R with those students who already have initial/$16.00$20.00Save $4.00
This activity is perfect for those students who have been making progress with their vocalic R sounds, but are still having trouble differentiating the vowels.
Every year, I have a few students who have developed the R in their vocalic Rs, but whose "shirts" still sound like "shorts". This activity was developed for them to learn to differentiate between the different vocalic Rs in a minimal-pairs activity.
This product now contains a digital version on Google Slides as well as the printable versions.
This set includes three levels of the same activity - a grid where students will sort columns by vocalic R sound, and rows by initial sounds.
Level 1: Using the pictures and words, place the tiles in the correct place in the grid.
Level 2: Write your minimal pairs words in the blank spaces on the grid. This grid includes some words already written in to get you started.
Level 3: Write the words in the blank spaces on the grid. This grid includes only a few words already written in, and has a row at the bottom for you to create your own set.
Each page comes in color as well as a printer-friendly black and white version.
WHAT CUSTOMERS ARE SAYING
- "I have used this resource many times over the last two years. The kids are always challenged and engaged by it. They enjoy seeing their own progress as they grasp the districting differences in the vision /r/ production. It is useful at any stage of therapy from syllables to conversation starters."
- "My articulation students enjoyed a hands on activity. The listening aspect of this activity was very beneficial for them! These materials made it easy to target a variety of skills: aural discrimination, articulation, phonemic awareness, etc."
- "I love this resource because it helps my students understand that there are many different variations of the R sound."
- Get FREEBIES!: Sign up for my newsletter at www.kiwispeech.com/subscribe
- Become a Follower!: Simply look for the star by my logo to follow me and be the first to hear about new products, freebies, and sales.
- Find Me!: Find me on social media for updates and ideas! Facebook and Instagram (@kiwispeech) are great places to start!
- Earn Credits!: Don’t forget to provide feedback for your purchases to earn credits for future purchases.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Kristin Bowers, M.A., CCC-SLP is an ASHA-Certified Speech Language Pathologist based in Pittsburgh, PA. A graduate of the University of Pittsburgh, she has worked in Early Intervention, research, private practice, and K-12 settings. She currently serves the K-8 population. Kristin is a two-time Award for Continuing Education recipient. In her free time, you will find her designing things, playing games or doing puzzles, and dreaming about travel.