This resource contains 16 different work task boxes to promote pre-vocational skills to help your students with functional vocational training that is so difficult to find. Students with Autism and other development delays have shown to show significant employment success rates when given enough time to practice basic skills, such as these. These work tasks can be used for individualized instruction, group work or in an independent station.
- loading medical items
- loading office items
- loading hair care items
- loading dental hygiene items
- sorting addresses (by zip and state)
- assemble the mail
- organizing pills
- identifying medication bottles
- paying the bills
- measuring beans
- rolling coins
- hardware sort
- filing by month
- refilling shakers
- sorting boarding passes
- a printing page
- a supply list
- printable labels (large and small)
- teacher prep instructions
- differentiation suggestions to make tasks easier or more difficult
- task objectives
- list of supplies
- printable materials
There are a bunch of materials that will need to be purchased or supplied by you to complete each task box. Here is the complete list of materials for this resource. You do not have to make all of the task boxes at once. Start with a few and add to your collection over the year.
61 cotton balls, 39 cotton swabs, 41 band-aids, 22 tongue depressors, 27 latex gloves, 8 baggies, 42 paper clips, 14 binder clips, 16 blue pens, 19 black pens, 30 rubber bands, 8 baggies, 92 bobby pins, 48 hair ties, 10 combs, 10 shampoos, 9 conditioners, 8 baggies, 10 toothbrushes, 8 flosses, 6 toothpastes, 3 mouthwashes, 4 large baggies, empty bins to sort, Velcro, 30 pieces of candy (Smarties), 3 empty pill bottles, 16 empty pill bottles, pen or pencils, a liquid measuring cup, 1 scooper, 5-6 cups of beans (or corn or rice or bird seed), 50 dimes, 40 nickels, 40 quarters, 40 pennies, coin wrappers for all coin types, bins for sorting coins, metal screws, wood screws, nails, washers, nuts, hex bolts, screw eyes, hook screws, hardware, index card box, empty salt shakers and pepper shakers, large container of slat, large container of pepper, a funnel
This may seem like a large list, but some of the boxes can be modified to include a few of these items. This is the max list for the complete set of vocational work task boxes.
You May Also Like:
Connect with me!
Copyright © ChalkBoard SuperHero. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original download only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY. See product file for clip-art and font credits.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store