Excerpt From The Positive Classroom Field Guide (K-5)
Use these posters to teach children the different voice levels.
1. Model what each level sounds like and have the
children practice that level. Children need to know what
it feels like at each voice level.
2. Before starting an activity, use a paperclip or
clothespin to mark what level is expected during each
3. As the children are working, point out the children
who are using the appropriate voice level.
4. At the end of the activity, ask the children to give a thumbs up or thumbs down in front of
their chests to evaluate how well they stayed at the appropriate voice level.
5. Do not nag! If children get too loud, simple ring your chime and remind the whole class
of the appropriate voice level. Remember to point out who is doing a good job!