Your students will have a blast working in teams to build a shelter that can survive a volcanic eruption! This product is complete with detailed instructions, hand-outs, and extension activities for a quality STEM challenge to be used in the classroom or afterschool. The activity guides your students through the engineering design process and connects math topics to real-world applications. Our students have loved this activity, and we know yours will too!
This engaging, student-driven activity includes an optional simulated volcanic eruption, to test the students' shelter designs, using baking soda and vinegar. This makes for an exciting and education experience they will remember!
Included in this product:
- Detailed teachers guide with links to resources
- Volcano information sheet
- Grading Rubric
- Student handouts to guide them through the engineering design process
- Student recording sheet for each step of the process
- Reflection questions to ensure concepts are understood
- Math connection problems including surface area and unit conversion (answer key included) in customary and metric units
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about new discounts, freebies and product launches!
Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.