Teaching volcanoes in your science class? This resource will certainly get you started!
Here's what's included with your purchase:
• Brief teacher backgrounds
that will give you an overview
• A web page
with more information and resources;
• Resources that make it easy for teams of students to plot volcanic eruptions
• Information, worksheets, and a text to read (or listen to) about the parts of a volcano
saved in English and Spanish;
• A model of a stratovolcano
using an image of Mt. Hood, a tube, and zip bag;
• A student text
that introduces volcanoes that's been saved with three reading levels in English and two in Spanish. All five are recorded;
• An activity during which you drip liquids down an incline to demonstrate viscosity
as you talk about the viscosity of lava as volcanoes form (ties in a bit of chemistry!);
• A model of a shield volcano
, students can compare it to the stratovolcano model;
• An activity that focuses on the "angle of repose" (a way to tie in math!!) that can be part of your study of cinder cones
. There's videos of this activity so you can preview or review the activity with students;
• Several suggestions for assessments
that have been translated into Spanish;
• A video
that gives you a quick overview of your purchase, like I'm sitting next to you explaining your options;
• Four PowerPoint™presentations
*, all images are copyright free, just copy and paste in another context as you create your volcano unit!
We have many resources for teaching about VOLCANOES
in our store!
Thanks for visiting my Simply Science store. Please take a moment to leave a comment when you purchase a product.
– • – ♥ – • – ♥ – • –
Differentiate for your math students with simple, fun games
Visit our other store, Simply Math.
– • – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – • –
Click on the ★ next to the name of my store to follow me!
You'll receive a message when I add new products or have a sale.
– • – • – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – • – • –
Visit my blog to find resources for new teachers
and "I'd like to teach more science" teachers!
* Copyright free or Creative Commons Share Alike - Use as you like, just don't sell the images!!