Also included in
- What a great time-saver and money-saver this bundle will be for your study of volcanoes or landforms! This amazing bundle has a Volcano Escape Room, a Quick STEM Challenge, and a Volcano Print and Read resource.NOTE: All three of the resources in this bundle may be purchased separately. NOTE: If yo$7.50$9.50Save $2.00
- Are you ready to print and have students reading in a matter of minutes? These reading comprehension sheets with informational text are perfect in so many ways. Topics are high interest and many correlate with units of study. So, get ready to tackle some science, some holiday topics, or just some fu$51.00$64.00Save $13.00
- This fabulous informational text and STEM bundle of two resources is a great way to keep students engaged. Students will read about volcanoes and complete comprehension activities during your reading block. Add the STEM Challenge to build a model of a volcano with a "lava flow" and your students wil$5.50$7.00Save $1.50
If your students love volcanoes as much as mine do, this Print & Read resource is going to be perfect for you! This has been designed for those students you have that love non-fiction reading. You are going to love the format using non-fiction text features and comprehension worksheets. Just - ready to go! This is not a digital resource.
NOTE: This resource is perfect for PRINTABLE distance learning packets.
NOTE: This reading passage set is available in a printable and digital format.
NOTE: This resource is available in money-saving bundles:
This set features upper 3rd to fifth-grade skills of finding the main idea, determining word meaning in context, finding evidence, comparing items, listing examples, inferring, and basic reading comprehension questions.
The set also makes use of non-fiction text features. You will find the use of bold print, bulleted lists, captions, cross-sections, diagrams, fact boxes, glossary, labels, photos, and titles.
The four reading passages are provided in two reading levels- an easier and a more challenging. The reading selections include basic information about the dangers of volcanoes, how magma is formed, the eruption of Mount St. Helens, and the Ring of Fire. Each set of passages includes a basic worksheet in two levels.
In addition, a newspaper mock-up article page is included that has 3 more reading selections. The articles include information on the 3 main kinds of volcanoes, how islands are made, and a glossary of terms matching a cross-section of a volcano. There is a comprehension question page for the newspaper set and 2 graphic organizers.
All answer keys are provided. Specific skills and Common Core standards are listed on the table of contents page.
NOTE: The reading selections for this resource were written for elementary students. The reading levels of the passages are appropriate for upper third grade through fifth grade. This set is perfect for centers, small groups, seat work, homework, or sub days!
Specific contents of this resource are:
- Selection 1- Danger, Danger in 2 reading levels
- Selection 2- Melting Rocks in 2 reading levels
- Selection 3 – Spirit Lake in 2 reading levels
- Selection 4 – Ring of Fire in 2 reading levels
- Newspaper Page- 3 articles (A Volcano Trifecta, How Do Islands Form?, and Name That Part.
- Newspaper Comprehension page and two graphic organizers
- Answer keys for all
- Table of Contents listing levels, skills, Common Core standards, and non-fiction text features
- Teacher's Guide with notes about reading levels, standards, organizations, and ideas for use
You might also enjoy these Volcano resources:
You might also like these Print and Read resources:
- Animal Adaptations Print and Read
- Pirates Print and Read
- Spiders Print and Read
- Sharks Print and Read
- Weather Print and Read
- Space Print and Read
- Landforms Print and Read
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
Click here to follow my store. It’s that easy to receive email updates about Teachers Are Terrific!
Keep in Touch!
Thank you so much,
Teachers Really are Terrific!