This is a fun, 34 page resource to help your students produce a research report on Volcanoes.This report template contains worksheets, organizers, tools and forms to use for your students to create, develop, write, edit, illustrate, present, and assess your students’ research report. This report is also designed to not only to learn and explain the new information, but answer some higher level thinking questions (Common Core Essential Questions) to apply the knowledge they have learned. You can use this report template in its entirety, or “pick and choose” the questions that you wish to use and tailor it to your students’ needs. This package contains the following volcano report elements:
1. Title Page- Templates Provided-Topic, student’s name, and teacher’s name) We created grayscale version if you can’t copy in color.
2. What is a volcano?
3. How is a volcano formed?
4. How is magma turned into lava?
5. Describe the different kinds of volcanoes and what are their similarities and differences?
6. Myths and Legends about volcanoes
7. The volcano you chose and its information
8. Describe and illustrate the layers of the Earth
9. Describe and illustrate the parts of a volcano
10. Can volcanic eruptions be predicted?
11. Are volcanic eruptions constructive or destructive?
12. Blank paper to add to any of the questions if more room is needed.
13. Additional Information page for any other facts not discussed in other areas of the report if needed.
14. Illustrate a cinder cone volcano
15. Illustrate a shield volcano
16. Illustrate a composite volcano
17. How to research your report
18. Note taking bullet form template
19. Note taking lined form template
20. Resource pages and Bibliography Template
21. Student Checklist for editing and revising
22. Rubric for Performance Task Assessment
23. Common Core ELA Standard
24. Teacher Notes
If you like this product, please check back soon as we will be posting new products in the near future. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will promptly help you. Thank you!
The Teacher Team
Copyright 2013 Carol Beaumont
All Rights Reserved by Author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display. Commercial License Number 1012173667“Graphics &/or Fonts Copyright Dianne J. Hook.” www.djinkers.com
Here are some other items you may be interested in:
Social Studies Research Report Bundle
Animal Report Packet for Primary Grades
Planet Research Report
Biography Report Packet for Elementary Grades
Autobiography Report Packet for Elementary Grades
Digestive and Excretory System Research Report (For Elementary Grades)
Thirteen Colonies Regional Inquiry Based Research Report
Common Core Circulatory System Research Report for Fourth and Fifth Grades
President Report Packet
Country Report Packet
Dinosaur Research Report
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. We value your feedback greatly as it helps us determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so we can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the red star
near the top of any page within our store and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺