How are kids supposed to get excited about finding the volume of rectangular prisms with fractional edge lengths? By playing Bingo, that's how!
As stated on the first page of this document, you just distribute the Bingo cards to your students. Have them choose numbers at random from 1 - 60 and write them on the cards. As the teacher, select numbers from the attached list at random. Read the text beside each number, but don't read the actual number itself aloud. If a student has the number on his/her card, the student should make an X on that square. Standard Bingo rules apply. It's that easy!
The Common Core Math Standards state the following:
6.G.A.2 Find the volume of a right rectangular prism with fractional edge lengths...
7.G.A.2 Draw geometric shapes with given conditions...
7.G.B.6 Solve real-world and mathematical problems involving area, volume and surface area of two- and three-dimensional objects...
With this simple, fun game, your students will master these standard in no time! Please note that all questions involve rectangular prisms and many problems involve fractional edge lengths.
Want more? Check out one of these other fun volume activities:
- This is the best Volume War card game available on TpT! You get 64 colorful cards!
Volume Voyage station activity
- Want to make volume questions fun and keep your student active? Well let your students "voyage" around the room as part of the Volume Voyage activity!
- Cut out the squares. Complete the puzzle by matching the question side of one square to the side of another square with the correct answer. Eventually, your teacher will show you how to read the secret message!
Volume Color-by-Number Activity
- Complete the problems in each row. Circle the correct answer. Match the problem numbers with the color you circled to create a colorful picture!
Munchy Math Snacks
- Here's an opportunity to let your students incorporate real-life math, food, art, and volume into one activity!
Safe Cracker - Volume
Students can become world famous safe crackers! Your students will use the clues and their math skills to help crack the safes, in order to claim the prizes found inside!