This packet is all about the difference between volume and capacity and uses a hands on approach to help students explore this concept. Students will construct their own boxes and then investigate the volume of each container. There is no need to source a range of different containers and boxes.
Included in this packet is
* 3 containers for students to make
* Instructions on finding volume and capacity for these containers
* Recording sheets
* Posters to display (metric and imperial versions)
* A self correcting matching game for millilitres and litres for extension or consolidation
* 2 matching activities for volume
* A matching activity for capacity
* A cut and paste interactive Flip Flap activity for capacity
This is a great activity for Maths centers.
If you like this activity check out my Length Measurement Task Cards- centimetres and metres
Length Measurement Task Cards- inches, feet and yards
If you have any questions or requests please contact me prior to leaving feedback.