Surface Area and Volume: "doodle notes" -
When students color or doodle in math class, it activates both hemispheres of the brain at the same time. There are proven benefits of this cross-lateral brain activity:
- new learning
- relaxation (less math anxiety)
- visual connections
- better memory & retention of the content!
Students fill in the sheets, answer the questions, and color, doodle or embellish. Then, they can use it as a study guide later on.
- visual representation of volume and surface area
- steps for finding volume and surface area
- examples for finding surface area and volume of rectangular prisms
- units used for each
Check out the preview for more detail about this item and the research behind it.
You might also like:
Simplifying & Evaluating Expressions - GridWords
Middle School Pre-Algebra Super Bundle
7th Grade End-of-Course Review Tournament