Volume of Cones and Spheres Stations Activity
Also included in
- Looking to add variety to your classroom? These middle school math stations are just what you need for your students to develop a deep understanding of mathematics. Includes stations in the topics of number systems, expressions, equations, functions, ratios, proportional relationships, probabilityPrice $67.00Original Price $98.00Save $31.00
- Looking for ways to simplify planning while continuing to teach in-depth lessons? Then this 8th grade math curriculum and activities bundle is for you! This curriculum is aligned to the 8th grade common core standards. Each unit includes: guided notes, assessments/worksheets and activities such as:Price $200.00Original Price $339.00Save $139.00
- These 8th grade math stations are just what you need to help your students develop a deep understanding of mathematics. The focus of these math stations is for students to discover and apply mathematical principles. The students will dive into the mathematics and gain a strong foundation. These coPrice $19.00Original Price $24.00Save $5.00
- These 8th grade math stations are just what you need to help your students develop a deep understanding of mathematics. There are at least four stations in each set. The focus of these stations is for students to discover and apply mathematical principles. The students will delve into the mathemaPrice $30.00Original Price $42.00Save $12.00
- This volume of cylinders, cones, and spheres unit includes notes, assessments, and activities. This is perfect for your students to dive into understanding and deriving the formulas for the volume of cones, cylinders, and spheres. In-depth notes to teach and fun activities to supplement.Included inPrice $15.00Original Price $22.00Save $7.00
- You are going to love these fun 8th grade math activities to supplement your curriculum. Stations, task cards, mystery pictures and more. These activities cover a variety of 7th grade math topics so that you can use them throughout the year. Check Out What's Included***BONUS FILE*** 8th Grade MathPrice $90.00Original Price $120.50Save $30.50
These volume of cones and spheres stations help students to discover, apply and practice volumes. Students will discover the volume formulas for cones and spheres through a discovery task. Students will apply these volume formulas to applied tasks. Students will then practice the formula for volumes of cones and spheres. Also included, is a volume challenge task to extend their thinking. Students will develop a deep understanding of this content after completing these stations.
- Volume of cylinders discovery
- Volume of cylinders formula practice
- Volume of cylinders application
- Volume of spheres discovery
- Volume of spheres formula practice
- Volume of spheres application
- Volume challenge
- Also includes recording sheets and answer sheets
Each station will take about 15 – 20 minutes to complete. I would not do these all in one day, as they require a lot of problem-solving and higher-order thinking skills. Students will need time to process their thinking and reason through the problems. Students will be most successful if they are given enough time to complete these stations.
To accurately complete these math stations students will need access to a hollow cylinder, a cone and a hemisphere that have the same radius. The cone and the cylinder need to be the same height as well. These can be purchased for a reasonable price. If you do not wish to purchase these items, they can also be made. You can use a can as a cylinder and create the cone and hemisphere out of aluminum foil using the cylinder as your guide.
Other Products you may be Interested in
▸ 8th Grade Math Geometry Common Core Mini Assessments
▸ Pythagorean Theorem Math Stations
★ FOLLOW ME for more great products to make sense of math!
Remember that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions!
Make Sense of Math