Formulas and procedures for finding the volume of a cylinder, sphere, and cone - "doodle notes" -
When students color or doodle in math class, it activates both hemispheres of the brain at the same time. There are proven benefits of this cross-lateral brain activity:
- new learning
- relaxation (less math anxiety)
- visual connections
- better memory & retention of the content!
Students fill in the sheets, answer the questions, and color, doodle or embellish. Then, they can use it as a study guide later on.
- step-by-step process for calculations
- formulas for volumes of each
- how to say it out loud
- diagrams for each to mark height, radius, etc.
- reminders about labeling units
- practice and examples for each
Check out the preview for more detail about this item and the research behind it.
You might also like:
High School Geometry Super Bundle
Circumference and Area Doodle NotesRight Triangles & Trigonometry: "Choose Your Own Journey" Book