Task cards are a versatile tool to practice, review and assess students' comprehension of finding the volume of Cylinders and Cones (8.G.C.9)
. Students match the diagrams to the solutions that have the correct volume through scavenger hunts, games, and more. Answer key, interactive notebook-sized cards and large cards, and suggested uses included. My students LOVE these.
Multiple ways to use:
- Set up at a math-center with other geometry activities
- Host a volume of cylinders and cones scavenger hunt
- Play a whole class game of matching
- Play the classic game of concentration using the cards to make matches
A great addition to your 8th grade/Pre-Algebra, Algebra, and Algebra 2 math review and practice
and for differentiation.
Included in this ready to use set of cards:
- Teacher directions for multiple ways to use
- 12 problem cards and 12 matching solution cards (no word problems in this set)
- Set of interactive notebook problem and matching cards
- A student answer sheet
- A complete answer key
Middle school geometry resources include:
- Volume and Surface area of Rectangular and Triangular Prisms math Detective Activity
-Finding Pi Inquiry Activity with circles
- Find the area of composite figures and polygons paper chain activity
- Volume and Surface Area of Cylinders and Cones Quest Activity
- Design a Medieval Village Integrated Geometry Project
- Find the Area: Rectangles Practice and Review (6.G.A.1.)
- Find the Area: Right Triangles Practice and Review (6.G.A.1.)
- Find the Volume: Cubes and Rectangular Prisms Practice and Review (6.G.A.2.)
- Find the Volume: Triangular Prisms (6.G.A.4.)
- Find the area between two rectangles
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at email@example.com. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page
to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog.
Don’t miss out on Math Mondays (all about teaching math).
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.