Volume of Rectangular and Triangular Prisms — Domino Effect Math Game
Also included in
- Looking for a way to make your geometry unit memorable, hands-on, and engaging for your math 6 students? Want to save money? Here you go! Each lesson is self-contained, and is low-prep or no-prep. This bundle includes hands on projects (math missions), math-meets-art practice worksheets (doodle mathPrice $13.17Original Price $21.95Save $8.78
Looking for a fun and collaborative way to practice calculating the volume of rectangular and triangular prisms? You've found it.
Domino Effect is a collaborative game where groups of 3 - 4 students work together to find the solution to the current problem — which reveals the next problem. Students solve 16 problems per game. If the solution to the last problem matches the answer on the starting card, the team has correctly completed the activity!
What math skills does it practice?
- Finding volume of rectangular and triangular prisms given whole number dimensions (example: Given the box has dimensions of 4 by 4 by 7, what is the volume?)
- Finding volume of rectangular and triangular prisms given decimal dimensions (example: Given a triangular prism with dimensions of 2.2 by 3 by 4, what is the volume?)
- Find a missing dimension when given the volume and two other dimension of the prism (example: The rectangular safe has a volume of 936 cubic units. Given the length and width of the safe are 8 units and 9 units, what is the height of the safe?)
How do I set it up?
Print out one copy of our PDF per group (3 - 4 students), and then:
- Cut out and shuffle the 16 task cards
- Cut out & tape the game board together
- Place the starting card & play!
There's 8 pages included:
- 1 teacher instructions page
- 1 task card page (with 16 task cards)
- 4 game board pages
- 2 answer key pages
You might also like Doodle Math...
Before you go…
- Stay updated. this page to stay updated on new activities.
- Join the community. Join us on and for ideas and highlights.
- Please leave a review. I’d love to hear how the product is working in your classroom! (TPT gives you credit for reviewing paid products!)
Each purchased license is for use in a single classroom. If you’d like to share with other teachers, please buy additional licenses. Thanks!