PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Volume of Prisms (Rectangular and Triangular Prisms) Math 'Mad Lib':
This activity is a very fun around-the-classroom activity. My students love opportunities to walk around the classroom solving these puzzles. The assignment can also be bundled at student's desk, if necessary.
At each of the 10 problems/stations/areas, students will solve problems asking them to find: the volume of a prism when provided with the dimensions, the height of a prism when given the volume and the base dimensions, the area of the base when given the volume and the prism height.
- 10 Problem Cards
- Recording Sheet
- Answer Key
- Find the Volume of a Rectangular Prism: 3
- Find the Volume of a Triangular Prism: 4
- Find the Height of a Rectangular Prism: 1
- Find the Height of a Triangular Prism: 1
- Find the Base Area of a Rectangular Prism: 1
- Many problems have fractions and decimal dimensions.
The answers will tell a fun story about a students' wild adventure one afternoon!