This voting unit covers all the important factors of being an educated voter! By using Dr. Seuss' Thing 1 and Thing 2, students can create their own candidates, fill out Voter Registration Cards, and vote using ballots!
Implementing real political candidates in the classroom can be tricky in multiple ways, especially for young voters. This product simplifies the voting process and gives the students the opportunity to get involved in their learning and their community! Students will have a blast making up personalities for Thing 1 and Thing 2 (or enjoy seeing what you describe them as!) and acting as if they were real people running for office! In order to receive their ballot to vote, they must first fill out and submit a Voter Registration Card. This card asks for their name, birthday, city and state of residence; all key elements of voting and things they should already know! Once the registration card is submitted, it is time for the students to vote with their ballot! Drop the completed ballot in the ballot box and then it is time to wait to see who won!
This product includes:
- A pre-designed handout to fill in the traits of the candidates “Thing 1” and “Thing 2”.
- A blank version of the above handout so you can create your own categories to fill out on the candidates.
- Printable “I Voted” stickers.
- Top to a ballot box. Print this out to cover the top of a bin or shoebox to instantly become a place to submit votes!
- A poster that sets a designated voting spot with the words “Vote Here!”
- Voter Registration Cards!
- Thing 1 and Thing 2 Ballot Cards