Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Teach your students about voting and elections in America PLUS reading, writing, and grammar skills all in one resource? Yes! Save time by integrating Social Studies into your Reading Workshop! This fast and focused shared reading lesson includes 5 days of detailed lesson plans and resources. Options for use in your Google Classroom are also included in this versatile and easy to use resource!
Included in this resource:
• Lesson Overview – pacing and contents
• 5 Days of Lesson Plans
• Options for Use with Google Classroom™
• Original Shared Reading Informational Text
• Shared Reading Text Slides
• Graphic Organizer
• Fact/Opinion Statements Printable
• Text Evidence Question Printable + Teaching Slide
• Write a Summary Printable + Teaching Slide
• Grammar Study Printable + Teaching Slide
• Writing Prompt Printable + Teaching Slide
• Shared Reading Quiz Printable
• Self-Grading Google Forms Version of Quiz
• Answer Keys and Scoring Guides
Teach multiple skills and subject areas with this versatile resource:
• Using Text Evidence
• Writing Statements of Fact/Opinion
• Identifying Text Features and Text Structure
• Reading Informational Text
• Asking Questions and Making Connections
• Grammar: Relative Adverbs
• Social Studies
• Writing to a Prompt
There are 5 days of lessons lasting 15-20 minutes each day. However, the lesson can easily be modified to suit your schedule and students’ needs. For example, if you have 45 minutes to teach Social Studies, you could combine 2 days of lessons together to fit your schedule.
You will receive a zip folder containing an organized listing of all the components in this resource. Please make sure you extract/unzip all files to use them.
- Use this product for your own classroom and your own students
- Share the files digitally only with your students
- Upload to Google Classroom to use with the students in your classroom
You May Not:
- Share these files with anyone other than your students
- Upload any part of these files to a website for others to download or store on a page where others will have access
- Store any part of this product on a shared drive
- Use any part of this resource, including graphics, to create any type of resource (free or paid)
- Links MAY NOT be placed on a school webpage that is not password protected
Additional resources for Government:
More Shared Reading Lessons:
⭐ Please consider leaving a comment below, which earns you credits towards future TpT purchases.
⭐ Click the FOLLOW button and be notified when new resources are published.
Happy Teaching! ~ The Reflective Educator