You can purchase all of my U.S. Government resources which includes power points, guided notes (with questions), homework, quizzes, unit tests, and group projects here: U.S. Government Resources
A quick word about my teaching style so that you know what you are getting into. I have worked at several schools in the past where I did not have the ability to check out books to students because of short supply. Because of this, I created materials in which I wouldn't need my students to have a textbook to be prepared for any tests or quizzes that they received. The power points that I created are quite extensive and include guided notes and video that go along with them. The students do not write down every word from the presentation and can focus on listening and learning the material from the lecture. Additional items that I have posted can be used for notebook check assignments which I usually have whenever I get to the end of a unit.
I created this bundle for a U.S. Government or U.S. Government honors class and includes the following:
- A 75 slide (115 mb) power point that goes over voter behavior in the United States. This covers the reasons for low voter turnout, exit polls, and voter demographics (how certain groups vote).
- 3 days of guided notes that are broken down as follows:
- Day 1 - The Right to Vote and qualifications - How suffrage has expanded
throughout U.S. History.
- Day 2 - Suffrage and the Civil Rights Era. This includes the 24th Amendment,
Voting Rights Act and 26th Amendment.
- Day 3 - Voting Factors - Demographic breakdowns of how people vote
according to gender, race, religion, geographic location, age, income,
and education levels
- Warm-ups that can be given at the start of class.
- A demographics handout that has students dive into 2016 exit polls to see how groups voted for our most recent presidential election.
- The U.S. Citizenship test created by the Department of Homeland Security. I usually give this at the start of the unit to test my students basic knowledge of U.S. history and government.
That's everything! Thank you very much for considering this product. Cheers!
Please take a look at other bundles that I have created for U.S. Government:
Principles of Government Bundle
Origins of American Government Bundle
The Constitution Bundle
American Political Parties Bundle
The Electoral Process
Mass Media and Public Opinion Bundle
Interest Groups Bundle
The Legislative Branch Bundle
The Executive Branch Bundle
U.S. Foreign and Military Policy Bundle
The Judicial Branch Bundle
Civil Liberties Bundle