Use these stimulus cards for speech therapy, phonics practice, and for early readers! Each card has cues to help with oral motor accuracy - both jaw height and lip shape. In this resource, I am sharing with you my knowledge as a PROMPT Bridging trained therapist. I have designed the cards to make it for your student to understand and even for you to implement.
(If you need more work on vowels... check out these DIPHTHONG CARDS as well!
You can even try this DIPHTHONG CARD FREEBIE!)
→ Please note: There may be some overlap in stimulus words in the diphthong cards and the long vowels included in this pack. I will do my best to give you variety!
○ Each card has verbal cues on the top right corner. I find that these cues for appropriate jaw height and lip shape are typically all that is needed to correct vowel distortions. The cues are further explained in the download.
○ Vowels Included: both long & short forms of A, E, I, O, U as well as "oo" (as in "book")
○ Each vowel has 18 stimulus cards
○ Each vowel has both one and two syllable stimulus words for leveled practice
○ Every card has: word, picture, IPA vowel symbol, cues for jaw height and lip shape
○ Color AND black & white version of every card
○ For no prep / no print : pull the pdf up on your device
○ Print and/or laminate (either the full page for a "smash mat" variation or as individual cards)
○ “This resource is amazing! Thank you for making this and saving me time!”
○ “This is exactly what I was needing! I love that you have provided a guide on how to cue/demonstrate for the child!”
○ Push the green star! Follow my store to see new resources always 50% off for 24 hrs
○ TpT Credits: Review purchased products to get credits toward your next purchase
○ If you have a question or issue, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a Question in my store. It is important to me that you are happy with your purchases!
● Newsletter : freebie with sign up!
● Instagram : I’m here most often – therapy ideas, Q&A’s, and daily life
● Blog : helpful ideas and reviews for your therapy room
This resource is copyrighted by Lindsey Hockel, MS, CCC-SLP, owner of ©Speechy Things™ . Purchase of this item is intended for use by a single customer and is not to be shared with other professionals. If someone is interested in this resource, please direct them to my store. You are, however, welcome and encouraged to send pages home with students as needed. Thank you for your support and understanding!