Also included in
- The mega bundle packet includes 400+ words lists and 75 games and activities!!! This bundle gives me an organized way to teach reading throughout the year. It is basically my reading road map for the year. Closed Syllable is the first syllable type I teach. Once students know how to read the Close$87.30$97.00Save $9.70
- PACKET 1; Reading Vowel Digraphs & Diphthongs Syllables reading unit provides 86 word lists of vowel digraphs and vowel diphthongs syllable type words. Also, a master word list is included and can be used as a quick reference. A vowel digraph or vowel diphthong is one of the six types of syllabl$15.30$17.00Save $1.70
There are 6 syllable types in reading. The basic overall purpose of learning syllable type reading is to give students 6 reading strategies to aid them in chunking longer words into short, readable parts.
This packet of 10 activities and games give students a fun way to learn and sort 25 different vowel digraph and diphthong syllable words. A vowel digraph is two vowels that spell one of the vowel sounds in the team such as /ea/ spells the –e sound in ‘eat’. A diphthong is one vowel sound formed by the combination of two vowels. This vowel sound is produced when the tongue moves or glides from one vowel sound to another vowel sound in the same syllable thus creating its own unique sound rather than one of the typical vowel sounds of the vowel team. Examples of diphthongs are /ou/, /ow/, /oi/ /oy/.
Also, this packet contains a word work notebook that is super student and teacher friendly. Students are able to learn quality word skills in just minutes, and teachers have everything they need at their fingertips to teach the skills in a jiffy with all preparation complete.
The activities/games can be placed in language stations, or they can be played during small groups. So enjoy watching your students as they learn another way to break the code to reading!
The following activities and games are included in this packet:
1. Color the Rainbow
2. Ghost OUT
3. Move the Mouse to the Cheese
4. Guess the Word
8. Old Pappy, Old Granny
10. Thirteen Digraph/Diphthong Booklets—These are booklets the students can cut apart, staple, color, and spell the words to match the pictures. The books target :
• digraph ai—mail, sailboat, rainbow, rain, tail, snail, paint
• digraph ay—tray, birthday, say, hay, gray, pray, May
• digraph long ea—read, tea, feast, peace, peanut, eat, treat
• digraph short ea—head, dread, feather, bread, spread, sweater, breakfast
• digraph ee—feed, seed, sleep, bee, cheese, tree, three
• digraph igh—mighty, fight, lightbulb, night, light, bright, right
• digraph oa—oaf, toast, float, coat, boat, toad, soap
• digraph ow—wheelbarrow, bow, snowman, shadow, pillow, elbow, snow
• diphthong ow—lower, owl, cowboy, towel, clown, frown, shower
• diphthong ou—house, sprout, snout, cloud, mouse, out, groundhog
• diphthong long oo—root, school, zoo, balloon, broom, igloo, mushroom
• diphthong short oo—hook, book bag, foot, cookie, looking, book, football
• diphthong oy—annoy, oyster, destroy, cowboy, ahoy, toys, joy
***Answer key included.