79 interactive SMART Board pages in this SMART Notebook resource! Introduce, practice or review the two sounds of “oo” and the two sounds of “ew” with your SMART Board! Ready to go! No prep! All you need to do is connect your SMART Board and you’re ready! What a fun way for your students to learn the two sounds of “oo” and the two sounds of “ew!” My students love it and so will yours!
79 pages of SMART Board Activities to support your reading, phonics, and spelling instruction!
• 3 SMART Board pages introducing vowel digraphs.
• 39 SMART Board pages on the long oo sound as in “zoo” and “new.”
• 14 SMART Board pages on the short oo sound as in “book.”
• 11 SMART Board pages of mixed practice on the long oo sound as in “zoo” and “new” versus the short oo sound as in “book.”
• 5 SMART Board pages introducing diphthongs and the vowel diphthong “ew” as in “few.”
• 7 Title pages with quick links to skill practice.
Within this unit students will learn about the two sounds of “oo” and the two sounds of “ew” in isolation as well as in the context of spoken and written words. Students will explore blending sounds into whole words. Students will apply this knowledge while writing and reading new words.
This unit supports a variety of different learning styles that naturally lend to differentiation. A variety of activities are available for student practice…just choose based on your specific students’ needs.
You will also find the pages are either self-correcting or they have answer keys.
79 pages of instruction in all!
Please note: This file uses SMART Notebook software. You should have this software to use the file. It is not compatible with other interactive whiteboard software such as ActivBoard (Active Inspire) or Promethean boards.
Check out these other products too!
Vowel Digraphs and Diphthongs Bundle for the SMART Board
Diphthongs Oi & Oy for the SMART Board
Diphthongs Ou & Ow for the SMART Board
Vowel Digraphs Au & Aw for the SMART Board