Literacy Laws are rules to guide young students when learning to read, write, and spell. The activities in this packet are aligned to the Common Core Standards, with emphasis on Reading: Foundational Skills.
The Vowel Family Law teaches children the short vowel sounds of a, e, i, o, u. Included in this packet are:
1. A description of this phonics rule with examples and teaching tips
2. An introduction activity
3. A poster/anchor chart to help students remember the rule when reading and writing
4. An original song for fun and reinforcement
5. A full-color book called "Vowel Zoo" to introduce and provide practice with Vowel Family sounds
6. A black line master for small individual student books
7. A comprehension test for Vowel Zoo
8. Vocabulary words for display
9. Two partner or small-group games
10. A worksheet to check for understanding
11. A Read & Draw activity for comprehension
12. A Vowel Vacation enrichment activity.
13. Writing Connection activities
14. Math Connection activities
15. Social Studies Connection activity
16. Science Connection activities
The activities in this packet would be great for a literacy center!
Please be sure to check out the other Literacy Law packets and bundles in my store. Enjoy! Sheila