* Medial Letter Sound Correspondence
* PDF in color and black and white (helping teachers save money on color copies :) ).
The student will match medial phonemes to graphemes.
(Copy on card stock, laminate, and cut.)
Attach arrow to the spinner with the brad.
Medial sound picture cards
Students match medial sounds of words to letters while playing a spinner game.
1. Place spinner at the center. Place picture cards face up in rows.
2. Taking turns, students spin the spinner, name the letter, and say its sound (e.g., “u, /u/”).
3. Select picture card that has the same medial sound, name it, and say its medial sound (e.g.,“duck, /u/”). If correct, keep the card. If not correct, return card to its original position.
4. Continue until all cards are used.