Vowel Sounds of Y Phonics Activities, Centers, Passages, Worksheets, PowerPoint
What educators are saying
This complete vowel sounds of Y phonics unit includes 20 high quality resources to help your students master reading, writing, and spelling words with Y and EY as long e and long i.
Centered around a weekly phonics routine with daily minilessons, the unit includes lesson plans and interactive slides to model and practice word building, reading, writing, and spelling words with diphthongs. Students can use the interactive game slides independently for additional practice.
As teachers we work with students in a variety of settings. This resource includes enough materials for your whole group mini-lessons, small group instruction, skill groups, phonics interventions, phonics centers, and it even includes practice worksheets for morning work, review, or homework. All your mini-lessons, phonics games, phonics centers, and phonics worksheets are included in one resource.
This value-packed phonics unit is designed for second grade and gives your students targeted practice of all final blends sounds. It can also be used as review for third grade or in special education settings.
The teaching PowerPoint includes daily interactive practice games that can be used again by students independently. Simply upload the PowerPoint or Google Slides version onto students’ devices or project the slides on your whiteboard for partners to play.
· Y as long e
· EY as long e
· Y as long i
· Daily phonics routine with lesson plans
· An instructional PowerPoint + Google Slides version with daily mini-lesson slides and interactive practice activities with moveable pieces
· 10 Easy-prep centers to practice in a variety of ways
· 3 Vowel sounds of Y activity booklets
· Decodable reading passages with comprehension questions
· Word cards, picture cards & large lesson display cards
· 7 Vowel sounds of Y phonics worksheets ideal for morning work, review, or homework
· Assessments with answer keys
· Full-page phonics posters for the sounds of Y
· Student letter manipulatives
· Word building mats and cards
· Decodable word lists
· Pocket Chart headers & picture card sort
Teacher Support Materials
· Lesson Plans, Weekly Phonics Routine
· Management Tips
· Center Prep Checklist
· Standards Alignment Page
· Answer Keys
This resource is a fantastic value that will save you hours of planning and prep time. The center activities are easy to prep (or require no prep at all) with task cards and activities that have straight cutting lines, so you aren’t spending hours cutting out center games.
*Please download the preview to see everything included*
Around the Kampfire.com
CLICK HERE for all phonics resources & money-saving bundles.
Additional phonics units: