Looking for a phonics resource to teach or review vowel teams? This resource is perfect for teaching the long A sound with ai - ay! This phonics unit was created for students in 1st and 2nd grade and is aligned to the Common Core State Standards.
Vowel Teams! A Phonics Unit: ai - ay has everything a teacher needs to introduce, practice, and assess phonics and word recognition using the ai - ay long A sound. This 41 page download includes:
- Word/picture strips that fit perfectly in a pocket chart (provided in full color & b/w for more printing options)
- Heading cards that can be used to sort word strips
- More word cards (without pictures) that can be used as flashcards, to display words for reference, and much much more.
- Reading Practice Page - use to practice fluency with not only words, but with phrases and sentences also
- Word Sort Flip Flap Foldable Activity - students read and sort words according to spelling patterns
- I Have, Who Has Card Game - enough cards for 22 students to play at one time. (full color & b/w version are both included)
- 9 interactive printables provided in various formats to allow for differentiation
- teacher directions/suggestions for all activities
Download the preview above to get a snapshot of ALL 41 pages of this resource.
Thank you for visiting my store! Feel free to email me with any comments, questions, or concerns at
Visit my blog, www.morethanmathbymo.blogspot.com
for news about my latest freebies, giveaways, and classroom ideas!
Like More Than Math by Mo
boards on Pinterest.
You can now follow me on Instagram