Make your Small Group Phonics Time Fun and Engaging with these cute little Vowel Teams Booklets.
I created these booklets as a way for students to practice the vowel teams sounds in a fun and engaging way. I believe that when more skills are included, students will grasp the concept better.
That’s why each booklet has:
• picture identification
• sentence writing
• sound boxes (key included)
• word unscramble activity
• a word search,
• ABC Order activity
9 Vowel Teams Booklets with 4 words each
• ai - sail, rain, paint, train
• ay- hay, play, tray, sway
• ea - beads, leaf, read, cream
• ee - sleep, three, queen, feet
• igh - light, thigh, night, right
• oa - boat, road, coat, toast
• ow - throw, show, mow, row
• ue - glue, blue, argue, clue
• ui - fruit, suit bruise, juice
I have included words with consonant blends and consonant digraphs intentionally to be sure that these skills are being spiraled into the phonics lessons.
Ideas for use: Use the large book to teach the phonics skill. Give students the mini version to do independently. Check together when completed or with a partner.
More Phonics Booklets to Come!
More Phonics Products:
Phonics Posters Shabby Chic ~ Farmhouse Style
Bingo Dabber Phonics ~ Vowel Teams and Diphthongs
Phonics Magic ~ Vowel Teams Wands