These vowel teams and diphthong poster and word sorts are such a great addition to your structured literacy lessons for First and Second Grade. They are aligned specifically to a structured literacy approach.
- Teachers who want quick, easy and effective activities to pull our for small group instruction or fun center activities.
- Tutors who need easy access to long vowel resources that can be used to assess and practice decoding skills and also teach the long vowel and diphthong sounds - online (under a document camera) or in person.
- Parents who want a fun way to practice reading fluency or spelling rules at home.
- 39 Posters including fun picture supports
- Covering each of these long vowel sounds.
ai / ay / ee / ea / igh / ie / plural ies / y says long i / oa / ow / ue / ew / ui /
- Covering these diphthong sounds
ow / ou / oi / oy / oo as in moon / oo as in book / aw / au /
- Each long vowel sound has an accompanying picture words sorts activities. You can use these in 1-1 situations and sound out the picture and then decide which spelling is used. Some of these spellings have easy cues as to which ones to use, such as, we use 'ay' to say the long a sound at the end of words.
- Each set of picture word sorts comes with a small label with easy picture cues sounds covered.
These can be used for display or storage container labels.
If you like this resource you may also enjoy using:-
Short Vowel Sounds Game 'a' - there are also games for each vowel sound you can find in my store.
Please follow my store for other literacy resources and games
- If you have a struggling reader and are not quite sure what next steps to take, especially if you suspect a reading difficulty such as dyslexia, I have a free guide that will help you. Great to give to parents for that step by step process of what to do. Find it by clicking here.
Connect with me on my blog and find out information to help students with learning difficulties @ www.mykidequip.com
❤️I really appreciate any feedback and would love you to stop by my store and leave feedback on this resource. Remember when you do, that you can use to discount resources.
If you encounter any issues please don't hesitate to contact me on
❤️Thank you and Happy Teaching❤️