This phonics bundle contains charts|posters, word walls and more than 390 differentiated activity sheets to help consolidate long vowels and vowel teams. Over 400 pages of activities and printables are included that will provide a comprehensive program for teaching the following 22 long vowel combinations and r controlled vowels:
Ea, ee, ai, ay, oa, ow, oo, ou, oi, oy, ie, igh, ue, ui, ew, er, ur, ir, a_e, i_e, o_e, u_e
There are 10 separate packs that contain the following:
- Posters with six illustrated examples of each word as well as a list of words
- 1 title card and illustrated words for a word wall.
- 2 recording sheets for use with the posters are also supplied.
- If applicable a long vowel pattern poster illustrating the “when two vowels go walking …” rule.
worksheets are provided for each
individual vowel digraph, diphthong, r contolled vowel or long vowel sound covering a range of skills:
- Read and Draw - This worksheet requires students to read the sentence and draw the appropriate picture.
- Read and Highlight - Students roll the die, read one sentence and then use a highlighter to identify the sound in focus.
- Spell the Word - Students spell the word by colouring the letters it contains
- Missing Letters - To complete this activity, students cut out the letter tiles and paste them beside each picture in order to make a word. The remaining letters will spell a word with the sound in focus.
- Find the Word - Students identify the word and then write it in the matching word box.
- Spin a Picture – Students must spin a picture and then find the word on the sheet and colour it.
6 - 8
worksheets that focus on both a combination of sounds are also provided:
- Picture Sort - Students must say what each picture is and listen for the correct sound then paste it in the appropriate place.
- Sound Sort- Students say each picture and then determine which sound it has and write it in the appropriate place.
- Word Sort - Students sort the sounds into the appropriate column.
- Roll and Read - Students gain practice with reading lists of words containing each sound.
- Three in a Row - In this game for one or two players, students must identify which words are spelled with what sound. A recording sheet is also provided.
- Spin and Write - This advanced word work activity focuses on spelling. In order to complete the spelling of a word, students spin a sound and write it on the word wall in the correct place.
Some packs also contain:
- Match the Words - Students are introduced to homophones with this worksheet. Student must colour the homophone pairs in the same colour and then write a sentence for each.
- Interactive Notebook - Students must cut along the dotted lines then glue the left hand strip in their notebook. Each strip should be folded to the left. Students write the matching homophone and draw its picture. If there is room, the definition for a homophone can be written under the sheet.
To see each pack individually please click on the links below.
AI and AY vowel digraphs- posters and worksheets
EE and EA vowel digraphs- posters and worksheets
OA and OW vowel digraphs- posters and worksheets
OO vowel digraphs- posters and worksheets
OI and OY diphthongs- posters and worksheets
OW and OU diphthongs- posters and worksheets
R Controlled Vowels - posters and worksheets
IE and IGH - posters and worksheet
Magic e - posters and worksheet
UE, UI and EW - vowel digraphs - posters and worksheets
Become a follower and take advantage of my Early Bird Specials, freebies and product launches.
All new products are half price for the first 24 hours of listing. Look for the green star
near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.