Also included in
- This resource provides fun and inviting clip card literacy centers for learners to practice reading and decoding words with CVC, Sneaky/Silent e, Vowel Pairs, R Controlled Vowels, and Final Y as Long I spellings. These cards can be used alone or to supplement any phonics program. You may use all t$9.00$12.00Save $3.00
This resource provides fun and inviting clip card literacy centers for learners to practice reading and decoding words with Sneaky/ Silent e, Vowel Pairs, R Controlled Vowels, and Final Y as Long I. These cards can be used alone or to supplement any phonics program. You may use all the cards at once or select the cards you need for a particular lesson or to meet an individual learner’s specific needs.
The vowel spelling patterns included in this resource are Sneaky e/Silent e/Tricky E/ Magic E (CVCe and CCVCe), Vowel Teams (vowel digraphs/vowel pairs), R controlled vowels (Bossy R), and Final Y as Long I. The vowel teams addressed in this resource include ai, ay, ea, ee, ie, oa, oe, ou, ue, and ui.
IMPORTANT: If you own Vowel Word/Picture Clip Cards Bundle you already own this resource. This file is included in Vowel Word/Picture Clip Cards Bundle. To avoid duplicate purchases, please click on the link below to view Vowel Word/Picture Clip Cards Bundle.
Please Note: The Sneaky e/Silent e words are divided into two groups:
• Sneaky e/Silent e words that are spelled with 4 letters
• Sneaky e/Silent e words that are spelled with 5 letters (beginning with blends or digraphs)
They are divided in this manner to assist with differentiation for your learners who may not be ready for blends and digraphs.
Here is the number of cards in each set:
• Sneaky/Silent e Words spelled with 4 letters-------28
• Sneaky/Silent e Words spelled with 5 letter---------20
• Vowel Team Words (Vowel Pairs)----------------------68
• R Controlled Vowel Words (Bossy R)------------------32
• Final Y as Long I Words-------------------------------------7
There are 155 clothespin clip cards with a word and a choice of three pictures printed on each card. Learners read the word and clip a clothespin to the corresponding picture. You may use all the cards, select the cards that address specific skills for your lesson, or select the cards that best meet your learners’ needs.
Print, laminate, and cut out the clothespin clip cards. You will need 155 clothespins if you use all the cards at once.
Learners read the word and clip a clothespin on the correct picture or they can use dry erase markers to circle the correct picture. You may opt to make these cards self-checking by writing the answer on the back or marking a dot on the back at the correct spot. You may place the cards in a dollar store photo album and use dry erase markers to make a write-on/wipe-off activity.
Vowel Word/Picture Clip Cards are great for early finishers. They also work well as a take home activity. Just put some cards and clips in a zippered binder pouch, plastic pencil box, or zip top plastic bag for easy transport.
Vowel Word/Picture Clip Cards support the ELA Common Core Standards for Phonics and Word Recognition, Print Concepts, Conventions of Standard English, and Vocabulary Acquisition and Use.
The graphics used in Vowel Word/Picture Clip Cards are from Whimsy Clips, My Cute Graphics, and Totavi Toodles.
Thank you for purchasing Vowel Word/Picture Clip Cards. I hope you and your learners enjoy these activities.
Please click on the links below to view other resources you may enjoy.
$$$ Saving Bundle
Individual Resources from the CVC Spell the Room Bundle