This is a quick/fun Halloween/Fall writing project to practice using transition words with your students!
How it works:
1. Have students get out notebook paper to take notes.
2. Carve a pumpkin in front of your students – while you’re carving, have students list steps in order of what you are doing.
3. The last step is the most fun! Have students help you scoop out the gooey insides!
4. Students will now write a “How To Carve a Pumpkin” paragraph.
5. Give students the blank pumpkin to decorate – and the lined pumpkin to use as their final copy paper!
6. For the finished product – cut out pumpkins, staple the decorated pumpkin at the stem on top of the lined paper!
7. Display the finished product out in your hallway! :)
- blank pumpkin template
- lined pumpkin paper