This download contains the lyrics only from our 'Wake Up!' song & lesson materials packages.
'Wake Up!' (Grades 2-7) takes students on a journey of self-discovery, incorporating the themes of empathy, kindness, mindfulness and gratitude, compassion and consideration for others - core elements of building resilience and for nurturing the human spirit.
The lyrics help students to see the positives in their world, despite the challenges they might face and to understand they are able to reach out to others for support and have choices that they can make each day.
(NB: Perfect for inclusion in poetry units and National Poetry Month!)
To preview song samples and/or download a full song package, click on the following links:
- MP3 package (song & lesson materials: lyric sheet, targeted outcomes, suggested activities, assembly performance piece & bonus music score)
- Curriculum Karaoke™ (MP4 read, sing & learn along video for your classroom whiteboard and other technological devices)
Our curriculum-aligned songs target outcomes & learning sequences of curriculum documents and support & Integrate classroom learning across key subject areas, making them perfect for:
• Motivating and engaging students
• Introducing new units of work
• Kickstarting discussion
• Summarising, reinforcing and aiding recall of important curriculum content
• Reinforcing school and life themes & concepts
• Extending literacy
• Assembly & performance pieces
• Arts integration
• Distance learning
- BLOG POST ~ CURRICULUM KARAOKE™
- BLOG POST ~ 'WAKE UP!'
- Follow on FACEBOOK
- Follow on TWITTER
- Follow on PINTEREST
- Follow on LINKEDIN
- Follow on Instagram
- Follow Blog
'In terms of application to the classroom, and usability by teachers they rate a tick in every box.' ~ Brendan Hitchens, Teacher: Music In Action, A Magazine for Educators
Copyright: ©Lyrics, Nuala O’Hanlon / ©Music, Kathryn Radloff. All rights reserved. Neither this work (the 'Bully-Free Zone!' song lyrics) nor any part of it may be reproduced, distributed, performed or displayed in any medium, including electronic or digital, without permission in writing from the copyright owners: Nuala O'Hanlon & Kathryn Radloff, Directors: Keystone Creations ~ Educational Songs.