'WAKE UP!' is a curriculum-aligned song that incorporates the themes of empathy, mindfulness, gratitude and compassion - core elements for building resilience and nurturing the human spirit.
The narrative style song takes students on a journey of self-discovery, through the eyes of a young girl who is awakened to the world around her and her place in it (images of Kathryn's daughter and other two children feature in the video images).
The lyrics and strong visuals help students to see the positives in their world, despite the challenges they might face, and to understand they are able to reach out to others for support.
Students read, sing & learn about the importance of making responsible choices, and being grateful for what they have, helping them to develop a growth mindset.
An illustrated, CURRICULUM KARAOKE™ read, sing & learn along song video (lyrics & song vocals, in a video format, for use on computers, smart boards and other technological devices).
FYI: ‘WAKE UP!’ is also available as:
• Not musical ~ NO worries!
• Just download the MP4 song video and play on your classroom whiteboard or computer!
• Students read/ sing/learn along as the song plays and the lyrics display on the screen.
• No need to print out lyrics or create a powerpoint - the Mp4 does it all for you, making it easy for the whole class or school to follow the lyrics on any screen and read/sing along together.
• Stop the video at any time, to discuss/ clarify/reinforce content, define words, discuss punctuation, etc.
FYI: Our curriculum-aligned songs are professionally-produced, target learning sequences of curriculum documents, and support and integrate classroom and home learning across key subject areas.
They are perfect for:
- Motivating and engaging students
- Introducing new units of work
- Kickstarting discussion
- Summarising & reinforcing learning content
- Aiding recall of important information
- Extending literacy
- Assembly & performance items
- Integrated learning
- Arts integration
- Poetry study/units (lyrics)
- Distance learning & homeschooling...
'In terms of application to the classroom, and usability by teachers they rate a tick in every box.' ~ Brendan Hitchens, Teacher, Music In Action: A Magazine for Educators
- *Pinterest Board: ‘WAKE UP!' (Free lesson plans, worksheets, posters, etc.)
- *BLOG POST ~ ‘Wake Up!’
- *More of our curriculum-aligned song packages in our TPT Store
- *Follow on FACEBOOK
- *Follow on TWITTER
- *Follow on PINTEREST
- *Follow on LINKEDIN
- *Follow on INSTAGRAM
- *Follow BLOG
Copyright: ©LYRICS: Nuala O’Hanlon / MUSIC: Kathryn Radloff: KEYSTONE CREATIONS ~ Educational Songs. All rights reserved. This song video is for the use of the purchaser/purchasing school only. Neither this work nor any part of it may be reproduced, distributed, performed or displayed in any medium, including electronic or digital (except within purchasing school), without permission in writing from the copyright owner.
A Lesson in Every Lyric®