I have created these English and Fine Motor Learning Intentions and Selection Criteria to be used effectively in the early years (P-3) however the ACARA learning statements and codes link directly to the ACARA Prep / Foundation curriculum.
I have included visuals so the children can easily identify what they need to be doing and in the WILF section I have created a ladder of steps that the children will be working towards to achieve the final goal. This is so the one sheet can be used for the whole class but different children will be working towards different goals. For example to write a CVC word some children might be working towards identifying the initial sound, and some children might be working on auditory segmenting the word and others might be working on matching the sounds they hear to their correct grapheme.
I have created learning intentions and selection criteria for the following activities:
* Modelled reading - Predicting
*Modelled reading - Summarising
* Modelled reading - comprehension
* Modelled reading- Decoding
* Modelled reading - Discussing Opinions and Oral Language
* Small group reading - Decodable readers
* Modelled reading- using punctuation
* Modelled reading - Locating and reading high frequency words
*Writing CVC words
* Modelled writing
* Modelled writing / independent Writing
* Modelled writing / independent writing - Your favourite character
* Modelled writing / independent writing - Predicting what will happen next
* Phonological awareness - rhyming words
* Phonological awareness - identifying syllables
* Phonological awareness - word families
* Phonological awareness - oral blending
* Phonological awareness - Oral segmenting (sounding out)
* Oral language - Show and Tell
* Fine Motor - general activities
* Fine Motor - cutting skills
I put the ACARA statements on the back on the Learning intentions so I can directly link the activities to the curriculum. Each individual learning statement is colour coded so you can easily locate the selection criteria that matches it.
I hope you find this product useful in your classrooms!