“You Got Soaked!” is an engaging way for students to practice Science concepts!
• Print the game cards, ideally on cardstock. *Optional: laminate for durability and year after year use
• Put game cards in a small box or container of some kind. This helps ensure students can’t peek at the card they are selecting.
• Arrange students in small groups. Give each group a package of game cards, a score sheet and an answer key.
INSTRUCTIONS for play:
• Draw a card and answer the question.
• Student to the right verifies the answer with the answer key, by stating correct or incorrect (it’s best if student doesn’t tell the right answer, just simply say that the answer given was incorrect)
• Answer correctly, and win the card.
• Answer incorrectly and the card is returned to the container.
• But, be careful! Draw a “You Got Soaked!” card, and you lose all of your cards and add a letter to your score. Spell the word S-O-A-K-E-D and you’re out!
IN THIS DOWNLOAD:
• 25 question cards, 5 “You Got Soaked!” cards
• Answer Key
• Score sheet
• Precipitation, evaporation, condensation, transpiration, runoff, infiltration/percolation, groundwater, accumulation
• Questions require an understanding of: stages of the water cycle diagram, descriptions of everyday life scenarios, definitions
Thanks for your purchase! I hope you enjoy!