WATER FILTRATION SYSTEM PROJECT – MODELING STORM WATER TREATMENT
Statement of the problem:
1. Environmentalists suggest that the best way to deal with storm water is to “Slow It Down, Spread It Out, Soak It In”. How does your model accomplish each of the three suggestions? .
2. What does the following part of your model represent?
a. soda bottle
d. Coffee filter or cloth
3. When you poured 100 ml of clean water, what did you observe?
4. When you poured 100 ml of dirty water, what did you observe?
5. Explain how “Slow It Down, Spread It Out, Soak It In” treatment of storm water help the Chesapeake Bay.
6. Explain why some filters are better at cleaning the dirty water while others are not so great. Explain the differences between the effective and ineffective ones.
7. Refer back to your hypothesis and write your conclusion: