Cool off this summer with our WATERMELON fine motor busy bins! They go perfectly with your summer theme to use with your favorite preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten kiddos.
The WATERMELON Fine Motor Busy Bins include 12 printable activities that offer fine motor practice for little hands.
You need this set! Little hands need lots of fine motor practice to be ready to cut with scissors, hold pencils the correct way, buttoning jackets, opening lunch boxes, and tying shoes!
Each busy bin includes a direction and supplies page, and a label for your bin. They are set up as completely independent morning work tub activities for pre-k
. The busy bins are also perfect to use with younger preschoolers during circle and small group time.
----> The WATERMELON fine motor busy bins for spring are the 17th set in our ENDLESS Themed Fine Motor Busy Bins Bundle
. The bundle is the only way to go!
Print and prep the fine motor busy bins, and store them in small storage containers with lids (mine are from Walmart - some teachers use ziplock or colorful buckets). Switch out the 12 activities each time you switch themes. Yep, the idea is genius!
What is a busy bin exactly?
A busy bin is similar to a busy bag activity. You put the activity together and store it in a bin to be used over and over again. Busy bins are reusable learning activities – prep once and play forever!
Each fine motor busy bin activity comes with an instruction page and a label for your bin.
WATERMELON FINE MOTOR BUSY BINS
Watermelon Number Play Dough Mats
- Form the numbers 1-20 with play dough and then add the same number of play dough watermelon seeds to the watermelon.
Watermelon Field Counting Cards
- Add the correct number of play dough or pom pom watermelons to the watermelon field.
Watermelon Color Puzzles
- Match the colors of the watermelon slices to complete each puzzle.
- Use dried black beans as watermelon seeds to follow the path from the watermelon to the watermelon friend.
Watermelon Seed 10 Frames
- Add the correct number of pom poms to the 10 frame and then trace the numeral and number word with the dry erase marker.
Watermelon Alphabet Chains
- Find the matching letters on the watermelon and watermelon seed card and hook them together with a plastic chain link.
Watermelon Wikki Stix Shape Cards
- Form the shapes and designs on each card with Wikki Stix, pipe cleaners, or even dry erase markers.
Watermelon Seed Punch & Count
- Use a hole punch to punch holes into the watermelon slices. Use the watermelon slices with numbers to punch that number of holes or the blank watermelon slices to just practice punching holes.
Watermelon Color Clip Cards
- Find the matching color watermelon slices as the slice at the top of the card. Use a clothespins to clip each matching watermelon slice.
Watermelon Count & Cover
- Roll a die, identify the number, and then cover that many spaces on the card with snap cubes. Roll again and continue to cover the spaces until all spaces are covered.
Watermelon Friends Mazes
- Help the cute watermelon find its friend by finding the correct path through the maze with a dry erase marker.
Watermelon Letter Writing
- Create a quick writing squish bag and use the letter cards to practice writing letters on the bag.
EXTRA SUPPLIES & MANIPULATIVES:
The printable pieces of each busy bin are included in the file. Laminating the pieces is recommended. The other supplies include:
Dried black beans or beads
Black pom poms
Dry erase markers
Plastic chain links (or pipe cleaners
Wikki Stix or pipe cleaners
Colored paper (red or pink)
Reusable freezer bag
Clear hair gel
pink food dye or liquid water color
Keep the sweet watermelon themed learning going with our Watermelon Literacy & Math Centers