Weather and cloud unit: Looking for a comprehensive unit to teach teach your students interactive storytelling skills by coding using the app Scratch or Scratch Jr.? Teaching students storytelling and coding
is a critical component to any 21st-century classroom. However, if you are a classroom teacher you may feel you don't have the time to add one more thing to your already busy schedule. By integrating coding into your literacy curriculum, you have the ability to hit several standards all at once.
Who is This Product For?
Teachers who need engaging coding activities to excite their students while still teaching literacy and math standards.
What is included in this Unit?
You will receive 42 pages that include:
* Links to coding information and resources
* Objectives and Standards page
* Materials List
* Vocabulary Cards
* Assessments - Self & Peer Evaluation, Conditional Cloud Cards, and Rubric for Research Project
* 4 Lesson Ideas - Read Aloud (Come On, Rain!), Coding Lesson (Conditionals), Nonfiction Lesson (Types of Clouds), and Cloud Reporting (Linking Nonfiction Lesson to Conditionals
* Cloud Cards for Conditionals Game
* Graphic Organizers
* Links to Research Sites
* Link to eBook Collection
* Sharing Projects and How-To Links
These interactive storytelling and coding activities are designed to help you implement this unit with confidence and ease.
Other Coding Products Include.
Interactive Storytelling and Coding: January Edition
Interactive Storytelling and Coding: February Edition