Make answering wh questions a fun hands on activity with this set of smash mats and a container of play doh. Just print, laminate and use over and over again! Included in this set are 18 individual activity mats; 6 what mats organized by categories, 2 who mats, 2 when mats, 2 where mats, and 2 why mats. Each mat is provided in color and in black and white for a total of 36 mats. The set also includes a WH question reference ring in color and in black and white that can be used with this activity and carried over to other WH activities.
How to use WH Question Smash Mats
1. Pick a WH question to target. Use the WH Questions Reference Ring to review the kind of answers that can be used for that kind of WH Question.
2. Pair a WH question mat with a container of play dough (not included).
3. Read each question on the mat with your student.
4. Have your student use the picture cues on the mat to answer the questions.
5. When the student finds the answer to each question have them place a ball of play dough onto the picture and smash the play dough to cover the picture.