PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
What’s the Main Idea? Set #2 • Using High-Interest Photos is a set of 28 Task Cards to help students learn how to identify the main idea. This can sometimes be a tricky concept to teach. Instead of starting with written passages, this unit presents full-color, high-interest photographs as a beginning step.
Students study photos presented on 5 ½” x 8” Task Cards and choose the best main idea of the photo from four choices. Once they master this step, they can move on to finding the main idea in written text.
A graphic organizer is included for those students who are ready to list the main idea and three supporting details. You can also use these photographs as springboards to creative writing!
Also included in What’s the Main Idea? Set #2 are:
• a Student Record Sheet to record answers
• an Answer Key
• a Graphic Organizer for students to practice listing the main idea
and supporting details
• directions for playing Scoot to get students up and moving
• an Award Certificate for completion of the unit
What’s the Main Idea? Set #2
Written by Linda Schwartz ©2018 Pizzazz Learning
Photographs by Pixabay.
• Also available: What’s the Main Idea?
(same concepts but completely different photographs and activities)
• A similar version of What’s the Main Idea? Set #2 is also available as digital cards on Boom Learning in my store, Pizzazz Learning.
Thank you for visiting Pizzazz Learning!
As always, I welcome your feedback and comments.
Please take a moment to become a follower.