50 PAGE Mendelian Genetics Unit with a Guided Inquiry Lab using an optional Chi-Squared Statistical Test.
This can be done as a lab or can just be used as a PowerPoint presentation on Genetics and/or Meiosis.
THIS LAB IS BEST USING THE REAL EARS OF CORN BUT CAN BE DONE WITH THE PHOTOS AT THE END. CORN EARS CAN BE OBTAINED FROM BIOLOGICAL SUPPLY COMPANIES OR YOUR GARDEN. :)
This lab covers the following concepts:
1. Corn Genetics, Monohybrids and Dihybrids
2. Corn (Plant) Reproduction (Animation included)
3. Gene (Allele) Function
4. Meiosis (Animation included)
5. Punnett Square Use (Animations of Use)
6. Laws of Independent Assortment and Segregation
7. Chi-squared analysis of Goodness of Fit
8. Punnett square practice problems with organisms other than corn.
Worksheets are editable and embedded within the PowerPoint that can be printed off for students. PowerPoint is also editable in order to simplify for younger students.
Follow me on Pinterest
Who's Your Daddy? Genetics Lab
by Brian Zeiszler
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License