- This bundle contains every single American History resources from the Mister Harms store! You're getting every American History resource but saving BIG with a whopping 25% OFF all current resources. Once the bundle is yours, you will then get 100% off all future products added to the bundle! Buying$48.00$64.00Save $16.00
- What's In This Bundle?This bundle contains access to EVERY single paid resource in the Mister Harms store! Save big and go for it! It's EVERYTHING! It's the whole kit and caboodle, the whole enchilada, the whole ball of wax, the whole shebang! Whatever you want to call it, you're going to get it al$132.00$262.50Save $130.50
Students will better understand the importance of studying history, why history is worth learning about, and how to apply history in a practical way.
- Product Description
This back to school activity is a must have for any history or social studies class! Start the first day of school, or the first lesson of any history class, with “WHY” because students always want to know why? Why am I learning about history? Why do we have to study this stuff anyway? When am I ever going to use this in life? Isn’t history about a "bunch of old dead people" and things that have already happened?
You’ve heard these questions before. These are great questions that should not be dismissed but rather explored. I always begin my first day of any history class going through this Google Slides notes discussion to convince my students that history is truly important for them. I have found that the “WHY” must be answered before the “WHAT.” When students know why, then learning can begin. I typically use this for a first day of school, or first day of any history lesson! I hope this resource helps your students as much as it has helped mine, and gets them excited about learning history! Enjoy this quality “NO-PREP” mini-lesson. Read more about this resource on my blog post!
- A full set of notes to lead the discussion in a Google Slides format.
- A note to the teacher that helps explain why history is so important.
- Lesson ideas to incorporate before and after the presentation.
- 6 reasons as to “Why we study history?" to present to students.
- A link to an inspirational 4 min video about history's influence.
- Numerous discussion notes and evidences for each of the 6 points to help the teacher lead the large group discussion and/or lecture without having to do your own research.
- A post reflection writing activity and a simple quiz template to asses students on the 6 reasons why.
- All resources are accessible in GOOGLE Drive format.
- GOOGLE Drive version is completely editable if you'd like to change or add additional reasons as to why history is important.
- This is ready to go with “NO PREP” and no research needed. WooHoo!
This resource can be used for any history related class! It covers the importance of knowing and studying history. It is meant to help students see the practical value in history. The lesson will guide you through six important reasons to study history such as learning from past mistakes and being able to foresee future events. There is no specific era or time period represented. I use this lesson to introduce all of my history classes, and I have taught a variety of history courses including U.S. History, Western Civilization, and Ancient World History. Enjoy helping your students see the value in studying history with this practical, yet engaging resource!
☞ "This resource is excellent. The layout and design is professional quality, as well as pedagogically sound. I used components during the first week of school to engage my World History students and build interest in the class. There was a visible, positive student response and visible engagement -- which means I had zero behavioral issues as a result. Can you give any higher praise than that?" - Ronald ★★★★★!☜
Thanks so much for stopping by! It's great to meet you! I hope this resource adds value to your classroom. If you have time, I'd love for you to leave a rating on this product with your awesome feedback, and make sure to follow Mister Harms for important updates and savings. I would also love to see how you've incorporated this product into your classroom. Feel free to post a photo of this resource in action and tag @misterharms so I can meet you! I hope you have a wonderful day!
You may also like: