16 pages/10 ELA activities for Grades 3, 4, 5 to use independently all week before school gets out for the holidays.
These pages contain:
- a sequencing activity,
- paragraph revision (featuring frequently confused words),
- word scramble (identifying each word's part of speech,
- finding smaller words within "Winter Break,"
- comma problems: adding or deleting commas from sentences,
- putting words in alphabetical order,
- figurative language: identifying similes, metaphors, personification, and hyperboles in sentences after telling what each of these are (students are encouraged to use a dictionary or look online if they are unsure)
- word search
-editing practice: 10 sentences with errors in grammar, spelling, and punctuation
Please see the preview for more details of each activity in this packet
page 18 is the Answer Key
Use this packet for independent work the days or week prior to the December break from school. The pages and activities within are appropriate for all students. They do not mention any specific holidays celebrated in December, instead they discuss time off from school, snow, and having fun with family and friends.
Check out some of my other work:
RF.1.3.e, RF.2.3, Syllables: Dividing Two-Syllable WordsHomonym, Homophone, Frequently Confused Words, Editing: Grade 3 and 4Commas to Set off Appositive and Introductory Phrases Dialogue Punctuation: Adding Commas, Quotation Marks, and PeriodsCreating Good Sentences: Eliminating Run-On Sentences and Repetition
Follow my store for notifications on when I post my Common Core-aligned worksheets, Morning Work, and more! Thank you!
firstname.lastname@example.org +Quietly providing Quality+