***Google Classroom Compatible – these Microsoft Word documents can also be saved as Google Docs and used in Google or other digital classrooms
***Google Classroom Compatible – these Microsoft PowerPoint files can also be saved as Google Slides and used in Google or other digital classrooms
This resource includes a fun series of PowerPoint slides, a graphic organizer for students to follow along (in PDF and MS WORD), and a different graphic organizer to study a group of animals.
This resource can be used as a stand-alone lesson, or as part of a series on "CANINES", which includes: African Wild Dogs, Coyotes, Dingoes, Domestic Dogs, Jackals, Wolves, and Hyenas (although hyenas are biologically closer to cats, they are behaviorally closer to canines).
The 12-slide PowerPoint follows along with a graphic organizer to identify10 categories of facts about the animal. Enjoy!
The ten categories of facts include:
1) Kingdom, Phylum, class, order, family, genus, species
2) whether it is a carnivore, omnivore or herbivore
3) What types of things they eat
4) Where they live (which regions of the world)
5) Where they live (what type of habitat)
6) What are their natural enemies (other than humans)
7) Are they surviving or thriving (endangered status)
8) List adjectives based on images/photos
9) List adjectives based on 3 videos (YouTube links provided)
10) The coolest thing about the animal is... (series of fun facts)
12 slides and 2 options of graphic organizers