WONDER ESCAPE ROOM NOVEL ACTIVITY: Help your students review plot, character, and figurative language in Wonder by R. J. Palacio with this highly-engaging interactive escape room activity!
HOW IT WORKS
Students work in small groups and move about the classroom to four different stations to complete puzzles and activities.
In the first station, they will order plot points according to the plot diagram to determine a numeric code.
In the second station, they will match up quotes to characters and use the information they gather to reveal a secret code word.
In the third station, students will properly label examples of figurative language from the novel and use the information gathered to reveal a two-word secret code.
The final station has students decode an encryption based on hidden symbols they have to find throughout the game to reveal a quote from the novel!
Please note that students will need to have an understanding of the plot diagram as well as figurative language terms (metaphor, simile, pun, oxymoron, personification, alliteration, onomatopoeia)
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE
Your purchase includes two versions of the escape room. They are quite similar, but one is a bit more challenging than the other requiring some unscrambling and decoding with less clues.
• Detailed teacher instructions for setting up the room and facilitating the activity
• A classroom door sign to welcome students to the activity
• Signs for each of the four stations
• Student instructions for each of the four stations
• All the materials students need for each station (envelope templates, plot cards, character cards, figurative language assignment, encryption assignment)
• A student answer booklet where the group can record the codes and keys they find.
• A teacher answer key you can use to check the work to determine the winner.
• Two reflection assignments to complete after the escape room. One is a reflection on the quote revealed in the final puzzle and the other is a reflection on the escape room activity.
Like This Resource? Click The Link Below To See More Wonder Resources By Presto Plans
WONDER COMPLETE UNIT PLAN
© Presto Plans
★CLICK HERE TO RECEIVE 10 FREE ENGLISH TEACHER RESOURCES!