'Word Building' - Beach Ball Bash is a word building game based on onset and rime. This download includes how to play the game based on bl, pl, cl, gl, sl, fl, ack, ap, ip, ed, ock & um. It also includes ideas for how to modify and extend the game. It is an ideal game to use as a 'warm up' exercise of lesson transition.
Beach Ball Bash
- To have a little fun practising common blends and word endings.
This is a nice end of session or lesson transition game.
What You Need:
- a cheap blow up beach ball
- clear or coloured contact
- permanent marker
1. Cut out circles from the contact about 10cm diameter.
2. Stick the contact onto the ball as shown.
3. Write blends on the top of the ball and word endings onto the bottom.
How to Play:
1. Teacher or group leader tosses the ball to a student and they must catch it with one hand on an initial blend and one on the word ending.
2. Student combines the word elements, says it aloud to the group and tosses it back to the leader.
- When a child is unsure of which circle to read go with the letters closest to the student's pointer finger.
- Write the letters in permanent marker. Parents tend to get a little 'thingy' about ink stains on school clothes :)
Check Out My MEGA BUNDLE
It includes ALL
the great games in my store PLUS
every resource I make for the next YEAR
It is a book that just keeps on giving.
Take me to the Mother Load :-)