'Workers In Our Community' (Grades Pre K-3) helps students to understand and appreciate roles & responsibilities of paid/unpaid community workers.
This curriculum-aligned teaching resource contains materials that integrate learning across key areas of school curriculum.
- View a Yr 2 school assembly performance video
- View Yr 2 student assembly video demonstrating literacy & art integration
- Mp3 Vocal Track
- PDF Lyrics
- PDF Learning & Values Outcomes; Suggested Activities; Assembly & Performance Pieces
- Bonus PDF Music Score
- Bonus Instrumental Backing Track (enables class to make up own verses!)
‘Workers In Our Community' also available as an MP4 song & lyrics video for your classroom whiteboard.
(LISTEN to song audio sample in Preview at the top of this page)
There are so many workers in our community,
Providing goods and services for all our wants and needs;
Whether paid or unpaid, everyone agrees,
Their generosity and skills, we appreciate indeed!
Oh! Who do you think I am?
What do you think I do?
I’m not an Engineer or a Socceroo.
I take care of sick people,
That is what I do.
I am a ... Nurse. How clever of you!
©Lyrics: Nuala O'Hanlon, B.Ed; Cert Teaching
Music: Kathryn Radloff, B.A. (Hons) Psych:
FYI: Our curriculum-aligned songs are professionally produced, target learning sequences of curriculum documents, and support and integrate classroom and home learning across key subject areas.
They are perfect for:
- Motivating and engaging students
- Introducing new units of work
- Kickstarting discussion
- Summarising & reinforcing learning content
- Aiding recall of important information
- Extending literacy
- Assembly & performance items
- Distance learning & homeschooling
- Poetry study/units (lyrics)...
'In terms of application to the classroom, and usability by teachers they rate a tick in every box.' ~ Brendan Hitchens, Teacher, Music In Action: A Magazine for Educators
- Follow on FACEBOOK
- Follow on TWITTER
- Follow on PINTEREST
- Follow on LINKEDIN
- Follow on INSTAGRAM
- Follow BLOG
COPYRIGHT: ©Lyrics: Nuala O’Hanlon / Music: Kathryn Radloff: KEYSTONE CREATIONS ~ Educational Songs. All rights reserved. This song and accompanying package are for the use of the purchaser/purchasing school only. Neither this work nor any part of it may be reproduced, distributed, performed or displayed in any medium, including electronic or digital (except within purchasing school), without permission in writing from the copyright owner.
'A Lesson in Every Lyric'®
‘The vocation of every man and woman is to serve other people.’ ~ Leo Tolstoy