SET OF 12 BANDS - 11 BANDS WITH SIGHT WORDS IN PROGRESSIVE DIFFICULTY AND MAKING USE OF RHYME AS WELL AS ONSET-RIME, 1 BAND WITH ALL INITIAL SOUNDS/ALPHABET including the vowels in different colours to consonants (see eBay link below to purchase the set or contact us on the email below for a teacher set)
The most exciting way to learn sight words: WristWords use the colours of karate to encourage students to make consistent progress and also leverage rhyme and phonological awareness to help young children learn the first 50% of all read and written words
- Created by experienced teachers, including phonics, reading intervention and early years experts
- Progressively supports students by beginning with four simple words on the first band and gradually increasing the number and difficulty of words with each new band. This sets apart WristWords from other sight word programs, which expect students to learn 10-15 words in their very first set and can see students stuck on the first list for months with no encouraging progress. Our program scaffolds students with a more realistic starting set of four words, which results in more student motivation and stronger achievement gains in the long-term as each set of words becomes gradually and progressively more challenging.
- Rewards and encourages each child's progress with a karate-style colour levels for each new set of words, plus some bands at strategic checkpoints are glow-in-the-dark!
- All words are in cursive handwriting.
- Bands can be worn on your child's non-dominant hand during writing to assist with their spelling development.
- Bands can also assist early counting skills as they are numbered by how many words appear on them, beginning at 4 and ending at 14.
- Designed for children (colourful and in a smaller, more suitable size).
- Washable in cold water (and able to be worn in warm water such as the bath or showers) - bands have been tested in the shower with only minimal signs of wear over the course of 30 days of consistent exposure to the sun and water.
- Students can practise words anywhere - on the move in the car, in the bath, just before bedtime, at the kitchen table while cooking - much easier than finding a sheet that has been crumbled and folded under a stack of books and food at the bottom of a schoolbag.
- Sight words are all about visual memory, with the words on their wrists 24/7 our student results data has shown that these have helped students learn their words faster and better than using sheets or flash cards.
Ebay listing for physical resource (wrist bands):
Free postage in Australia or $2.95 worldwide. Includes a complete set of 12 bands, 11 bands with sight words (4 on the first band, 5 on the second, up to 14 on the final band) + 1 band with all the initial sounds of the alphabet, including vowels in different colours. 5 of the bands glow in the dark.
TEACHER SETS AVAILABLE AT A DISCOUNT FOR A CLASS OF 20 OR MORE - CONTACT US FOR A QUOTE including worldwide postage: firstname.lastname@example.org (email subject line: WRISTWORDS TEACHER QUOTE).