WRITING CHALLENGE ACTIVITIES: The Writing Challenge includes 20 engaging activities allow students to explore a variety of writing types while improving their writing skills along the way.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Teachers set up "The Writing Challenge" bulletin board display that includes 20 hidden activity prompts as well as all the assignments, handouts, and resources you need to teach these concepts. Once a challenge is revealed, the teacher finds the corresponding activity, assignments, or handouts in the folder, passes it out to the class, and they are ready to go! These challenges are best used weekly or bi-weekly. Some activities may take 15 minutes, some may take half a class, while others my even take a full class or two (depending on how much you want students to write)!
Worried about printing in color? No problem. Everything included comes with black and white version!
WHAT KIND OF ACTIVITIES ARE INCLUDED?
There are 20 activities included. Below are a few of the prompts to give you an idea:
• Improve the word choice of a descriptive paragraph about being cold.
• Edit the grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors in celebrity social media posts.
• Write a Japanese Haiku.
• Teach us how to blow a bubble with gum. (Instructional writing)
• Improve an e-mail written to a teacher.
• Integrate 3 types of figurative language into a paragraph.
• Write a paragraph that shows rather than tells.
WHAT TYPES OF WRITING ARE COVERED?
• Descriptive Writing
• Persuasive Writing
• Review Writing
• Informative Writing
• Formal Writing
• E-Mail Writing
• Narrative Writing
• Poetry Writing
• Creative Writing
• Expository Writing
WHAT WRITING SKILLS ARE ADDRESSED?
• Using imagery and sensory details
• Improving word choice
• Using research to write
• Using emotion in writing
• How to inform in writing
• Tips for improving formal writing
• Writing organization
• Paragraph structure
• Following a writing formula
• Proper e-mail etiquette
• Showing vs. telling
• Editing (grammar, punctuation, and spelling)
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN MY PURCHASE?
• Teacher assembly instructions
• Pictures to help you set up your board and activities.
• A teacher master list of the challenges in order.
• Everything you need to set up your display (posters, templates, prompts etc).
• Folder labels for each of the challenges.
• 65 Pages of everything you need to facilitate the activities (posters, pre-writing planning sheets, information handouts, templates etc.)
WHAT ELSE WILL I NEED?
To set up the bulletin display, you will need tape, glue, and 20 sheets of colored paper (although white paper works if you don't have any colored).
Like This Resource? Click The Links Below To See More By Presto Plans!
BACK TO SCHOOL RESOURCE BUNDLE (TpT BEST SELLER)
A YEAR OF ENGLISH BELL RINGERS: VOLUME 2
80 PAGE TEACHER BINDER
© Presto Plans
★CLICK HERE TO RECEIVE 10 FREE ENGLISH TEACHER RESOURCES!