Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
My World War I World History Bundle covers from 1941 to 1918. It includes daily plans for each unit. You will get access to my Google Drive, and all the videos are included for PPT’s/Keynotes. As a bonus, you will have my top 10 favorite short 3-4 minutes Youtube videos.
Here is what is included:
- Daily Plans
- Intro Investigation ( 8 pages)
- Chapter Preview Sheets
- Vocabulary Sheet
- Franz Ferdinand Story ( 2 Day lesson )
- Discussion Questions
- Penland Game
- WWI 40 Slide PPT
- Franz Ferdinand Reading
- WWI Short Video AMAZING!
- Wilson's 14 Points
- Gallipoli / Das Boat
- War Horse Video Guide / Bundle
- WWI Worksheet
- Writing Assignment
- WWI reading
- Crash Course for both World and US
- Foot Soldier video guide
- WWI Project
- Chapter 11 Test and Quizzes and group test
- WWI Investigation
- Paragraph prompts for World History
- Flipped classroom guide ( 2 pages )
- WWI Map assignment
- Gift assignment with a vocabulary list
- Summary of WWI
- Famous Figure Evaluation for Otto Von Bismarck, & Queen Victoria.
- Additional Notes (3 pages)
- WWI Random Questions with answers w/ weapons activity
- Bonus: I have added my top 10 favorite short 3-4 minute youtube videos to the bundle.
"I LOVE this resource. You did a really great job!"
"Nicely put together"
- 2 different versions of PPT/Keynotes
- Google Drive lifetime FREE updates and any new products
- All the videos will be included for PPT's/ Keynotes
- Email support for any questions you may have
- 24+ years of experience in the classroom and I still teach currently
** EMAIL ME FOR THE GOOGLE DRIVE LINK ** for the 10 videos in this bundle as well as the rest of the bundle. The bundle has grown bigger than the space allowed. I will email the google drive link for the videos as well as the WWI Bundle.
If you are interested inTHE SECOND SEMESTER OF WORLD HISTORY this includes everything and more.
0. FRANZ FERDINAND LESSON/ DAILY PLANS - This is a 2-day lesson that really drives home the point about what happened with the assassination. It involves both right and left brain and is an incredible way to kick off the war.
- 1. VOCABULARY/ PREVIEW SHEETS- One of the things I enjoy doing is making sure the students are familiar with the vocabulary. It is really a fun relaxing day going over some of the difficult vocabulary for the unit. The preview sheets are used when I am starting any chapter. If it is just one chapter I will have the students pick one of the two sheets and then have the students thumb through the chapter previewing all the information.
-2. DISCUSSION QUESTIONS- WWI discussion questions that are easy to use in class and create a nice discussion either in groups of 2 or individually to do and discuss as a class.
-3. 40 SLIDE POWERPOINT- Causes PowerPoint about what is going on year by year with WWI. This PPT is large but covers all angles of the war. It comes with a sheet to keep the students accountable. There are 40 slides with a slide for the video to be inserted at the end.
- 4. WWI SHORT VIDEO -A fantastic short video that I believe will change students perspectives on WWI as they see the realities of what it meant to be a soldier in WWI. This short film has subtitles and really brings home the message about WWI. ( please insert at the end of the PPT)
- 5. WOODROW WILSON 14 PT- assignment to do in class following the PPT.
This is a one-day assignment that students can do by themselves or in groups. It is one of the standards so it is very important to spend some time on this critical document that will lead to many later developments in the world.
-6. DAS BOAT AND GALLIPOLLI VIDEO WRITING ASSIGNMENT IN CLASS-
This is a fantastic assignment that covers submarine warfare and the trenches of WWI. It is all about historical empathy and writing. I will be including the assignment sheet and the links to both of the videos.
The first assignment deals with submarine warfare. I know Das Boat is from WWII but it does not matter as it truly shows what it is like to live and die in a submarine. It shows how you are stuck and at the will of those above you. I love showing this clip, even though it is from 1981.
The second assignment deals with the trenches and Mel Gibson who is a trench runner. He has to try and save his battalion from going over the top and committing suicide. It is really sad and makes the students realize just how pointless the loss of life was.
46"-1'05" give or take a few seconds.
Last 10 minutes of the movie.
-7. WAR HORSE- Wanted to create something that would allow me to keep the students accountable for the movie, but also allow them to watch the movie.
Includes: This 15 question worksheet will give you some accountability for the movie while still making the students think about some of the essential questions from the movie.
-8. WORKSHEET- This is an old-fashioned worksheet with fill in the black answers about WWI. I have also included the key and as it is a word document you can adjust everything to make t work for you!
-9. WRITING ASSIGNMENT- This is a 5 paragraph essay that will use the paragraph format that I have posted in my store. Each paragraph is 11 sentences and has a very specific format. This assignment will compare/contrast and discuss the consequences of each of these major events.
- 10. WWI READINGS- A collection of great readings to be used in class.
- 11. CRASH COURSE- A great guide to go with the Crash Course episode. It is a 6-page handout that really does help the students stay accountable while watching it.
Here is what is included in this 6 page download:
1. Note Taking Guide for Students: This is essentially a blank section to take notes in.
2. Summary of the Video: A place for the students to write a short summary of what they have watched.
3. Teacher Notes from the: My 1 page of notes.
4. Vocabulary Section: I have chosen 3 words that would be good to have the students look up. I also have them write each of the words in a sentence.
5. Quiz for students / with answers: There is a 10 question quiz with answers from the episode. It can be taken in class or taken home. I think in class would be better.
6. Blank Template for student created quiz: I decided to add this to every Crash Course guide as it works really well with students.
**Also, I highly recommend having the students watch this on .5 speed. If you click the wheel on the bottom of the youtube video you can adjust the speed.
- 12. PROJECTS- Propaganda poster project.
- 13. STANFORD UNIVERSITY LESSON- Great lesson on the Somme from Stanford. Fantastic stuff as this is more of a freebie than anything else.
- 14. CHAPTER TESTS/QUIZZES- These are my tests and quizzes with keys included.
- 15. BONUS- This is a great video of some real WWI footage that I am including as a bonus. I also added my top 10 favorite youtube videos that are all 3-4 minutes in length so that they may be embedded in the PPT.
- 16. PARAGRAPH IDEAS- These are some of my favorite paragraph ideas for World History. I have also included my paragraph sheet with this.
- 17. FLIPPED CLASSROOM - I This allows the students to work through the PPT with assistance. It offers individual reflection, group discussion and time with the teacher. It is brand new so feel free to send me an email if you have any feedback or ways to make it better.
- 18. T-NOTES- This is something I use to have the students look into the story of WWI. This is a difficult assignment but I feel they are up to the task. I only do this once a year as it does take lots of time on their part.
- 19. WWI MAP ASSIGNMENT- This is a somewhat basic map assignment that has the students label a map before and after the war. I have not included the map but have included the 6 questions needed as a follow-up. If you need a map just google it.
- 20. GIFT ASSIGNMENT - Gift Assignment I have as a bonus included the gift assignment which is a perfect way to end the unit. Each student will be required to use all vocabulary in the chapter and represent it visually or textually using the front and back of a blank sheet of paper. Please see the sample I have included.
- 21. WWI SUMMARY - This is a 2 page summary of the war. It can be used to read as a class or individually.
- 22. FAMOUS FIGURE- This is a great lesson to teach the students a little bit about Otto Von Bismarck and Queen Victoria. It allows them to evaluate them based on what they read with a grading scale.
- 23. ADDITIONAL NOTES- I have added an additional 3 pages of notes to this bundle to either teach or give to students.
-24. WWI QUESTIONS / WEAPONS ACTIVITY- I have included 25 questions and answers for the students to answer. I have also included a really fun weapons activity. ( lots of options on this one)
HERE IS THE ORDER I TEACH THINGS:
1. Vocabulary Day (1 day) + I introduce T-notes to the students this day as well
2. T-notes for HW and 1 day in class by yourself and 1 day with the book
3. PENLAND game ( 2 days)
4. Show the weapons of WWI and WWI Crash Course stopping every 2-3 minutes to explain
5. Map Assignment: Before During and After the War ( this can be done for HW during the movie)
6. War Horse ( 4 days)
7. War Horse quiz and go over all the answers to the quiz
8. Direct teaching on WWI Flipped classroom and show the French WWI video for the last 15 minutes of class.
9. Pass out DBQ and work on for 3 days.
10. Quiz and collect DBQ
Make sure to check out my blog: Social Studies MegaStore Blog