Also included in
- $$$$$ SAVE 20% $$$$$This product is a bundle of the lessons and activities for the following topics:Reconstruction Era (1865-1877) Lesson BundlePlans for Reconstruction ClashReconstruction Changes the SouthReconstruction's ImpactImmigration and Industry (1865-1914) Lesson BundleInnovation Boosts Gro$124.45$155.56Save $31.11
This Google product contains the sixth of seven lessons from the World War I and the 1920's period in the United States.
- Describe how increased leisure time and technological innovations led to a widespread shared popular culture in the 1920's.
- Analyze the changing role of women in the 1920's.
- Describe how the concept of modernism shown in art and literature reflected postwar disillusionment.
Lesson includes the following:
1. The Roaring Twenties Presentation - (32 slides presentation, 3 charts, 1 video, and 15 pictures)
- Popular American Culture in the 1920's
- Video (3 min:17 sec) inserted of popular dances in the 1920's.
- American Role Models
- The Role of Women Changes
2. Student Notes for presentation on a form.
- 12 questions
- Assign this at the beginning of the presentation.
- Students will follow along and complete the sentences on the form.
- They will submit for easy grading.
3. The Roaring Twenties comprehension questions on a form.
- 7 questions and one grid
- Includes text from the book
- Students will compare the characteristics of rural and urban life on the grid.
4. Short answer questions on a doc.
- 7 questions
- Students will use use context clues, summarize, cite evidence, draw conclusions, draw Inferences, compare and contrast, and identify cause and effect.
- This product is a Google doc linked to an interactive image about household technology changes during the 1920's.
- Students will analyze two images of families in their living rooms to see how technology improved the standard of living during the 1920’s.
- Students will answer the 3 short answer questions on the doc.
- Students can answer the 8 reading comprehension questions on the form while exploring the interactive gallery.
- Students will answer the 4 short answer questions on the doc.
- Students will learn about:
- Babe Ruth
- Jack Dempsey
- Bill Tilden
- Red Grange
- Bobby Jones
- Helen Wills
- Gertrude Eberle
- Charles Lindbergh
This product is editable to suit your needs. Answer options have been shuffled on the forms.
This is lesson number 6 out of 7 US: World War I and the 1920's
- America Enters World War I
- The Home Front During World War I
- The End of World War I
- The Postwar Economy Booms
- Government in the 1920's
- The Roaring Twenties
- The Harlem Renaissance
Thank you for looking!